Friday, March 5, 2010

Kate + Chris | boston, ma

Back in 2006 when I decided I wanted to "get into photography" I had the opportunity to intern for the fabulous Mike Colon out in Newport Beach, CA. I didnt even own a camera yet and it was my very first wedding as an assistant ( I think I was the 3rd or 4th shooter actually) was for Katie and John at which KATE was the Maid of honor. Its amazing how 4 years later, and a coastal move, brought Kate back across my path. THIS time she was the bride, Katie was the Maid of Honor and I was the photographer! It truly was a surreal experience trying to wrap my head around it all. Yet another little thing with which I am forever grateful to Mike for.

Throughout her planning, I've had the opportunity to shoot their engagement session but also shoot her boudoir... *click here*. SHe has become WAY more than a client and I can truly call her a friend. We've spilled life stories over nachos, she's been buck naked while I photographed her in the woods, and I had the honor of documenting her big day. Now it's time for babies Kate... you aren't getting rid of me that easy ;)



Anyway, here are few of my favorite moments... accompanied by a slideshow of their day












An extra special thanks to e-man for being my sidekick for the day. Its always a pleasure!

6 comments:

Jeff Brouillet said...

WOW! These shots look beautiful Shyla! It was really a pleasure shooting cinema alongside you for Kate + Chris's wedding. I always get excited to see what the photographer sees throughout the day and your work is AMAZING - I'm blown away!

Allie Love said...

Seriously, some of your best work yet! I L.O.V.E. them!!!

. s h e r r y * said...

These are cute! <3 Love her dress, AND the bridesmaid dresses too. Super cute.

erica said...

Shyla, it was so great meeting you last week. Love these shots :)

ABOUT ME said...

I love the shot of the little girl looking at her reflection--perfectly caught moment and lovely composition. And that last shot with the blowing veil is dynamite.

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

the reflection shot is perfection shy, but then again so is this whole post!

Blog Archive