Monday, August 11, 2008

Make lots of wishes...


Im a firm believer that most of life's greatest experiences are devoid of monetary exchanges. Opportunities for people of all socioeconomic boxes are made available for EVERYONE to enjoy everyday. The key is not only finding them but allowing yourself to experience them.
August 11-13(ish) is marked on my calendar every year... Three days during which mother nature puts on a show and Shyla's eyes dance and heart smiles.
Its that time of year again.... The Perseid Meteor Shower.
I used to steal away every year and head to my region's highest peak...away from city lights. No matter where I am geographically, this show is always a priority. I am consistently humbled and often rendered speechless and the beauty of such a spectacle. Its gets me every year. All the craze of life seems to disappear and everything else seems trivial... its basking in the here and now. I am reminded how small and out of control I really am...

If you can handle losing a little sleep I recommend the experience. The 3 hours before dawn will be the best viewing time. but you will see at least two 'shooting meteors' every minute.
Our tour bus will be traveling through the deserts of Nevada en route to Salt Lake City and our driver already agreed to stop for me!

go out and experience the vastness of creation... how trivial our stresses really are... and how magical life is. You wont regret it.

:)

------------------------------------

“I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!" Then- whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again... and they won't be able to forget me- ever.” -Jim Morrison (singer/songwriter)

6 comments:

HazelnutPhotography said...

What an amazing thing to see! Thank you so much for this post, I will be dragging my husband out of bed and into nature tonight :-)

Cathy and David Photography said...

Thanks so much for the reminder! I'll be checkin' the skies!!! :-D

Kevin Keith said...

you quoted Jim Morrison, that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

This post gives us such a great glimpse into who you are and what makes you tick.
I enjoyed meeting you when the bus stopped in Dallas.

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

LOVE looking at starts. we so wish we were still in hawaii. the place we stayed at in the country was so dark i think you could literally see every single star in the sky. it was amazing. we sat out on the deck for hours just staring, and making smores ;) will mos def be checkin the skies, if we can get to a place away from the city!

Ryel j said...

Talk about amazing work. Nothing compares to God's handy work! thanks for the reminder to Wish.

Blog Archive