Friday, May 23, 2008

"This is abundant life..."

It's been one of those days...
...one of those days where you are overwhelmed with the beauty, abundance, and joy in life.
It's the little things that make me smile... make me relish the simplicity in life.
I often find the greatest joy in the simplest forms and I couldn't help but share...

1. I headed up to New Hampshire this weekend for a little outdoor adventure, and on the train ride up, there were deer running along side the train. I just watched in awe at the grandeur of it all.

2. Then the gorgeous sunset that you cant really describe with words... so I wont even try. But, coming over the hill and seeing its illuminary majesty made me literally stop in my tracks.

3. The Lilac bush outside my house blossomed and now fills a vase in my living room and releases a frangrance that makes me pause every time I walk through. There is just something about the smell of fresh lilacs...

4. Witnessing a feeble elderly gentleman amatively grab his wife and kiss her with the passion of a young newlywed... oh man, now THAT was beautiful.

4. Aaaaand, a new favorite song. (la la la....and I'm gonna celebrate being alive... la la la)

Thats all, no pictures today (but I have a fun shoot in Portsmouth this weekend, so stay tuned), I just wanted to share a little bit of this amazingly incredible life that I am so blessed to be a part of. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend my friends and don't forget to relish the beauty in the simple things!

:)

4 comments:

Josh said...

Brett Dennen is awesome! That song is perfect for a little pick me up or even when you're in the best dang mood, it always puts a huge grin on my face:)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

love it!! you're such an awesome positive girl!!

have a blessed and safe holiday weekend my friend!!

Paige Kearin said...

I love you Shyla! You are a beautiful thing in life and I love your post -- it's so you. I miss you so much! If you come to SB, promise you'll let me know. XOXO

Unknown said...

Do you listen to Praire Home Companion by Garrison Keillor? He had a standup bit about lilacs a few weeks ago .... HU-LARIOUS!

Blog Archive