Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Great Eastern Migration!

click. click. click. click.
if you are anything like me, you love roller coasters. Even though my first rollercoaster involved me being 8 years old, screaming at the top of my lungs, and sucker punching my mother who made we embark on such a traumatic experience. I have since developed a deep love for the thrill, excitement, and adventure of it all.
As most of you know, there is this period of 'click. click. click.' as you are gearing up to take the plunge. That clicking fosters different feelings for different people, but usually its a mixture of fear and excitement before you WHOOSH away on your adventure.
Well, that's the feeling I have felt the last few days...

A few months ago, I had the opportunity to visit New England and I fell in love with the East Coast. I was living in SoCal at the time because I moved there for college and just stayed to start my business... but my heart wasn't there. SOOOO, I made the decision to try a new adventure. I figured 'what the HECK', I am young, single and have nothing holding me back, so why not just try something new and crazy.

I had it narrowed down to Portland, Maine and New Haven, CT... but then an opportunity arose in Boston, MA and that's the one that totally worked out, so, long story short.... I am OFF TO BOSTON!

So the click click click has been a bit nerve racking but I am officially on my way. And what a better way to kick off a new adventure than with a 3000 mile road trip?!
WHOOOSH!




And since today is SuperBowl Sunday, I figured I would dress for the occasion even though I wont be able to watch the game......

My bro did these before I left this morning... we have way too much fun.




They are my new home team.... so..... GO PATS!
Um, will someone please text or email me updates? The first leg of my trip is 30 hours! :(.

10 comments:

Fed said...

Hey, Shyla!
I would like the be the first to welcome you to the Boston area. I've called Boston my home for my whole life and love it!

Welcome and hope to see you around.

Fed

jamiedelaine said...

Wow, Shyla, I'm excited for you! That's crazy. I don't think I could ever leave everything behind and just move. I don't even want to leave for college. :) I really admire that in other people though, and I have to say, you couldn't have picked a better city. I have been to over 20 states over the last ten years and MA is one of my favourite. Especially Boston. I love it.

PURE Studios said...

I'm so friggin' stoked for you! You're living your dream Shy..and, it's a blast to follow along your adventures. We're all rooting for you from "back here" in SoCal. (and, selfishly, hope you can make it back to shoot a few times this year ;)

Vanessa said...

you know if i wasn't living in spain i would so be there baby. go get it! :)

Vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Remember to hurry and get settled in so April and I can come see you!!!!
Miss Ya,
Anna Quisenberry =D

Michael Norwood said...

Dude. How has it been long enough for me not to know that you've moved all the freaking way across the country?

Good for you though. We're hoping to get a place in Manhattan this year so maybe we'll get to see each other besides at WPPI!

Anonymous said...

Heey! Welcome to Boston chicky! I'm from the Cape but went to school @ BU. I peek at your blog here and there and just wnated to say hey!

Shyla said...

Norwood: if you get a place in Manhattan, I will come to visit you all the time! especially if you let me shoot your gorgeous daughter!! LOL
haha

Kristen- Lets hang out!! hit me up via email and lets go on a play date
:)

Daniel J. Watkins said...

woooaaahhh...have I been outta touch or what???? congrats on your big move...and best wishes on the next adventure! :) miss you!

Blog Archive