Monday, July 30, 2007

Trash the Dress | part 1

I was meandering around the OSP forum this morning and saw a post talking about a photographer get together in the OC today.... so I thought I would join in on the fun!
It ended up being an organized shoot with 13 brides, 20-some photographers and miles of beach for the sole purpose of TRASHING THE DRESSES! All the brides were already married and desired the opportunity to get down and dirrrrty in their bridal gowns.
The OC Register Newspaper joined our little excursion and we had so much fun! I met a ton of new friends and a special shout-out to Kim (David Baxter's wife) for being so sweet and truly making me smile! :D

After shooting an adorable couple for most of the day and I thought I was finished because not only was I was EXHAUSTED but my jeans were WET!... but then I saw this wall and decided to have a lil more fun! I snagged a bride (who just happened to be standing chatting in the water) and whisked her off to a few spots down the beach. The model was so fun and totally up for anything... even letting me contort her body to get the right look.
So, thanks 'Kim-the-model' for fancying my crazy ideas... It had a fantabulous time!

Here are a few of my Favs...




a totally random moment that was not intended but when I was editing, it made me laugh :)





we played around with a little motion blur...






My roommate ruined some of her equipment today. This is the SECOND time in a row I shot at Laguna beach and someone I was with ruined their equipment. Last time it was Fred... this time Lisa...
I haven't decided if it's the Laguna Beach curse or if I am just bad luck. ;)

15 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

i thought i was the only one up this late. :) kim was geeked to finally meet you too. she talked about how nice you were all the way back to san diego. we both love your work. i'd gladly risk damaging my camera to shoot with you any time, any place. if i could get shots this good it would be worth it. amazing work once again shyla. well, i'd better get to sleep. i have to work in 3 1/2 hours. CRIPES!! I HAVE TO WORK IN 3 1/2 HOURS! good night.

Anonymous said...

wowwee!!! these are gawgeous!! when i saw you it was like seeing a rockstar!! dorky i know. when those other osper girls see your site they'll know why i was totally raving about you! holy cow you rocked it again! love, love, love your style!

serena grace said...

awww man....i totally wanted to go but i was out of town. looks like it was fun though. great shots!

Nat said...

I had so much fun yesterday! I am so happy I got to meet you. You are truly one of the sweetest people I have met in a while!

mark eric said...

great pics Shy- we'd love to show them on trashthedress.com :)

Orange County Wedding Photographer said...

wOw WoW wOW awesome images! I love the post process you did on them. It was so fun shooting with everyone, and great to see ya again Shyla!

Jan Garcia said...

Sweet shots! Definitely rocked that great location. Cool seeing you again...it felt like a mini-ANTI workshop :)

Anonymous said...

Shyla, you rocked it! Looks like you all had a fun time. I love the dog-walkin' shot! That is going in my idea files!

I wish we were closer. I'd love to shoot with you.

Kimberly Michelle said...

Shyla! I had so much fun with you! Thanks so much for the awesome shots... now I have to think about chopping all of my hair off again since I miss looking like this! :)
<3 kim-the-model (aka. Kim Mundhenk)

Shyla said...

Serena: thats ok, we can have our own party when we do lunch ;)

Nataly: You are so awesome for putting this all together... thanks again

MarK Eric: Of course! anything for you ;)

Bumatay: It's all in thanks to the Boutwell's Totally Rad actions!

Jan: Great seeing you again! Your little boy is such a cute lil' muffin! ;)

Dustin: Come on out... you can shoot with me anytime! You always have a place to stay if you are ever out this way... just let me know :) That dog was just a random beach dog but I needed something to contrast against the white wall. It worked out great!

Kim-The-Model: You are HOT! ;)

LisaFitts said...

mm k i dont think you are bad luck my camera still works theres just sand in some of the buttons love u!!

rowena said...

Oh man, now I wish I had gone... I coulda used some (many) pointers from you!!! Love, love, love these images– quite an inspiration! THANKS!

Angie said...

These shots are natural, messy and totally sexy. I want to be her! Good work.

F.E. Castleberry said...

LOVE that last shot!!!

Tim Halberg said...

HOT!!! Seriously... HOT!

Blog Archive